A blog offering various X++ code snippets and tips for Microsoft Dynamics AX

Thursday, April 09, 2009

AX 2009 Workflow

Today I started exploring AX 2009 Workflow by following the Appendix A of the Development I in the Microsoft Official Training Manuals.

The version of my manual had some missing steps, these mainly being:

a missing (but important) code snippet for creating the main() method for the 'Submit to Workflow Class' which I then found on MSDN here (scroll down until you find it);

failure to make you create a subject; and

it assumes that AX 2009 SP1 already has a 'Workflow Configuration' Menu Item for the Projects Module but I had to create it manually (in the process I discovered that the Bug in AX 2009 RTM, which only scans the sys layer for new work flow items, is now solved in SP1).


If you any questions or comments e-mail me on: mirko@mirkobonello.com

No comments: